Saturday, February 15, 2020


A "MINI CONSULTATION" IS NOW AVAILABLEIf you have specific tax questions on your personal situation and need to discuss it with an US expatriate international tax expert, with the protection of  Attorney-Client privilege, you can request a "Mini Consultation."   "Mini Consultation" costs a minimum of $300 US for up to 30 minutes of Mr. Nelson's professional legal tax advice over the phone, skype or email.  No need to visit his office. 

If  you send us an outline of your situation, facts and questions in advance, we prepare in advance and this time is extremely productive and usually resolves all of your questions  within the time allowed.

 And remember as a CPA firm we can also prepare the returns, forms, and amended returns to solve your tax problem.  We are a one stop solution.
 Over 900 U.S. expat taxpayers located everywhere in the world  have used "Mini Consultations" to resolve their tax problems and issues.

  US Phone (949) 480-1235. US Fax (949) 606-9627 or we can talk on my skype address dondnelson.  Whatsapp No. (818) 519-9219 (US)
 Payment can easily be made by credit card, paypal, check, echeck or wire transfer. If your questions or problems are URGENT let us know and we can often schedule it on the same day.

Thursday, January 9, 2020

When a Nonresident Must Pay Taxes on Their Business Income and US Real Estate Sales

For tax purposes, an alien is an individual who is not a U.S. citizen . Aliens are classified as nonresident aliens and resident aliens. Publication 519 will help you determine your status
and give you information you will need to file your U.S. tax return. Green card holders are considered the same as citizens in most circumstances and normally must file the Form 1040 as a would a citizen.

Many nonresidents are sellling products through Amazon or other on line companies and due to inventories, etc. would be deemed as subject to US  income tax on their Sales through this companies.   These rules apply even though the nonresident may not have an permanent business establishment in the US.  If the nonresident has a US Agent this can sometimes cause them to be deemed to have a tax situs in the US.

Nonresidents are taxable on their sales of US real properties. Also should the nonresident individual owner die, the value of the US properties are subject to US estate taxes if the fair market value of the property of the date of death exceeds $60,000.  There are tax strategies available to avoid the US estate tax.

US Interest and Dividend income is usually taxable to nonresidents, though US capital gains from the sale of US stocks in the stock market are not taxable.

If you are a US nonresident who wishs to do business in the US, sell products, buy US real estate and rent US real estate we can help you plan the best tax strategies.  We are US attorneys and CPAs that specialize in US nonresident taxation. EMAIL US

If you are a US nonresident that needs to file their US income tax return for 2019 or earlier years, we can prepare that return to provide you with the optimum tax results. DOWNLOAD OUR TAX QUESTIONNAIRE AND RETURN TO US FOR A FEE QUOTE